You may receive an error Error synchronizing folder [800CCC0E-0-0-560] when trying to download subfolders into Outlook.
- In Outlook 2016, right-click on the Inbox folder, select IMAP Folders
- Click the Query button
- Hopefully you will see the missing folders of Inbox returned from the query to the remote hosted exchange server
- Now select all Folders in the list, and click Subscribe on the right, then Apply/OK
- Now go to File > Account Settings > Account Settings
- Select the email account under the Email tab and click Change
- In the Root folder path, enter Inbox
- Click Next, then Done
- The missing folders should now appear in the folder list of Outlook
- Click on each folder name to start the download of emails into those folders.
This issue arose because iiNet Hosted Exchange is closing, so the email accounts need to be downloaded to Outlook, exported as a .PST file, and imported into a replacement email service.